Sautéed Jerusalem artichokes with garlic & Bay leaves
- 600g Jerusalem artichokes
- Olive Oil
- A few bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 splash white wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
To serve 4, you will need 600g/1lb 6oz of Jerusalem artichokes.
- Peel them and cut into chunks.
- Place them in an oiled frying pan and fry on a medium heat until golden on both sides, then add a few bays leaves, 2 cloves of garlic finely sliced, a splash of white wine vinegar, some salt and pepper and place a lid on top.
- After about 20 to 25 minutes they will have softened up nicely and you can remove the lid and the bay leaves. Continue cooking for a couple of minutes to crisp the artichokes, slice up one last time then serve.
This would go well with both meat and fish and particular nice with a plate of antipasti or in a soup or warm salads.
Roasted Jerusalem artichokes
- Preheat the oven to 200c/390f/gas 6
- 500g/1lb½oz Jerusalem artichokes peeled
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter
- 100g/3½oz fresh breadcrumbs
- Boil the peeled Jerusalem artichokes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes (or until tender). Drain well
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the breadcrumbs until crisp and lightly browned. Place cooked artichokes in an oven dish and cover with breadcrumbs.
- Roast for 20 minutes and serve immediately.