Regular volunteers required for Tasebuds Café in Offham
Help required Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 12:00 to 4:00pm.
The purpose of having volunteers working with us is to support the staff in achieving Spadework’s Mission by working in partnership with the trainees encouraging them:
- To develop their communication skills
- To develop their social skills
- To work in a safe, tidy way
- To work as part of a team, enabling them to achieve greater job satisfaction
- To be part of the Spadework community
- To understand their personal responsibility
Specific jobs would be:
Helping trainees with their duties within the mess room which would be to keep the room clean and tidy
- Encouraging trainees to manage themselves appropriately during break times and returning to work on time
- Supporting trainees during lunch times to develop their social skills such as encouraging them to have appropriate conversations
- Assisting the trainees to record their skills development by taking photographs of their work, downloading, printing and recording information in their portfolios
- To work in different vocational areas alongside the trainees, the different areas include; horticulture – nursery work –plant sales- amenity gardening- vegetable growing, woodwork and crafts.
We would be happy to hear from anyone who could regularly offer us a few hours a week, we are particularly looking for anyone who has BSL level 1 signing skills who would be happy to teach both staff and trainees in the informal surroundings of the vocational areas.
For more information about any of the volunteer vacancies please contact Gill Speed by calling 01732 870002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please download an application form and send back to us.
Due to the nature of our the work at Spadework all our employees and volunteers are subject to a satisfactory enhanced CRB clearance.