How to make a complaint

If you are unhappy with something we have or haven’t done, you can make a complaint. If you want to make a complaint, you or someone acting on your behalf, can tell us by:

  • Tell a member of staff;
  • By phone 01732 870002;
  • Write to us at Spadework;
  • Email

If you need some help to make a complaint

You can ask a member of staff, a friend or family member, or we can help you to find someone else.

You (or the person helping you) can call into the office to tell a member of staff, or you could ring and tell us over the phone or you can send a letter or email.

What will happen when you make a complaint?

  1. We will try to sort out your complaint straight away. If this is not possible, we will tell you who will be dealing with your complaint and hope to be able to tell you what we will do about it within 10 work days. We will ask you whether you would like us to talk to you about it face to face or write to you.
  2. If you are unhappy with our first answer, you can ask for a more senior member of staff to look at your complaint.
  3. If you are still unhappy with the answer, a Trustee will be asked to look at your complaint and to see if they can resolve it. If this is not possible they will arrange for Sue, Chair of the Trustees and two other Trustees to look at your complaint.

If you are still unhappy, we will ask you if you would like us to arrange for someone at KCC or Medway Adult Services to look at your complaint.

Developing skills for people with learning difficulties